You can cook Japanese Okonomiyaki use 24 materials and 9 step. Here are the steps for making food.
The materials you will need to make Japanese Okonomiyaki
- You need Main Ingredients.
- Prepare 1 Cup (120 g) All-purpose Flour.
- You need 3/4 cup (180 mL) Dashi Broth (Combine 180 ml of water with 1 tsp dashi powder).
- Prepare 1/4 Tsp (1.5 g) Salt.
- Prepare 1/4 Tsp (1 g) Sugar.
- You need 1/4 Tsp (1 g) Baking Powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 Tsp (6 g) Nagaimo Powder *Optional.
- You need 1/2 Cup (12.5 g) Tenkasu (tempura bits).
- Prepare 600 g Green Cabbage.
- Prepare 2 Pcs Scallion.
- Prepare 6 Pcs Bacon Slices (Halved into 12 smaller slices).
- You need 3 Pcs Eggs.
- You need 1 1/2 Tbsp (22.5 g) Vegetable Oil.
- Prepare For Okonomiyaki Sauce.
- You need 2 Tbsp (30 g) Oyster Sauce.
- Prepare 4 Tbsp (60 g) Ketchup.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp (45 g) Worcestershire Sauce.
- You need 1 Tbsp (21 g) Honey.
- You need Simply mix together until well combined.
- You need Toppings.
- Prepare Okonomiyaki Sauce.
- You need Japanese Mayonnaise.
- Prepare Dried Bonito Flakes.
- Prepare Dried Green Seaweed.
Cooking instructions Japanese Okonomiyaki
- Remove the cabbage core and then mince it, place the minced cabbage in a colander to drain off extra moisture. Thinly slice the scallion and place them in a small bowl for later use..
- In a medium size bowl, mix the flour, nagaimo powder, baking powder, salt and sugar with the dashi broth until well combined without lumps..
- Stir the eggs, tenkasu, scallion and cabbage into the batter..
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan with medium heat, then spread the batter to make circle with 2 cm thickness (about 6" round) on the pan..
- Place 3 sliced bacon on top of Okonomiyaki and cook with the lid on for 5 minutes..
- Remove the lid and filp over the Okonomiyaki when the bottom side is golden browned..
- Fix the shape of Okonomiyaki by gently pressing it and keep it together. Put the lid back on and cook for another 5 minutes..
- After that, flip it over for the last time and cook uncovered for 2 minutes..
- Transfer it onto a plate and add the toppings of your choice..