Chicken and Dumplings – Slow Cooker.
You can cook Chicken and Dumplings – Slow Cooker use 21 materials and 5 step. Here are the steps for making food.
The materials you will need to make Chicken and Dumplings – Slow Cooker
- You need Stew Ingredients:.
- You need 1 lb. russet potatoes, scrubbed and diced.
- Prepare 3 large carrots, peeled and diced.
- You need 2 stalks celery, diced.
- You need 1 medium yellow onion, diced.
- You need 4 cloves garlic, minced.
- You need 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- You need 1 tsp. each salt, pepper.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp. salt-free all purpose seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. each poultry seasoning, nutmeg, garlic powder.
- Prepare 3 cups unsalted chicken broth.
- You need 3/4 cup heavy cream, at room temperature.
- You need 1/4 cup all purpose flour.
- You need 1 cup frozen corn.
- You need Dumpling Ingredients:.
- You need 1 cup all purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp. baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp. salt.
- You need 1 tbsp. dried parsley.
- Prepare 1 large egg, beaten.
- Prepare 1/2 cup buttermilk.
Stages of cooking Chicken and Dumplings – Slow Cooker
- Grease the slow cooker (6 quart size) well. Place the potatoes, carrots, celery, onions and garlic into the slow cooker. Lay the chicken on top of the veggies and then sprinkle on the seasonings. Pour the broth over the top, set the heat to low, then place the lid on for 6-8 hours, or until the chicken is cooked through and everything is tender..
- For the dumplings: In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients for the dumplings…the 1 cup all purpose flour, baking powder, salt and parsley. Then stir in the egg and buttermilk until just combined…do not overmix or the dumplings will be tough. Set this batter aside..
- Remove the chicken to a cutting board, shred it and stir it back into the slow cooker along with the corn. Taste and add whatever additional seasoning you think it needs. Then, make sure the heat is switched to high temperature for the next steps. Whisk together the 1/4 cup all purpose flour and cream until smooth, then whisk it into the slow cooker..
- Drop the dumpling batter by small spoonfuls over the top of the slow cooker contents until it's all used up. Keep in mind that the dumplings will expand as they cook, so leave a bit of space between them. Place the lid back on and cook on high heat for an additional 35 minutes – 1 hour..
- Once it's ready, the soup should have thickened and a toothpick inserted into the dumplings should come out clean. Once it's ready, serve immediately. Store any leftovers in the fridge..